Heart of Pennsylvania, Amish Country
September 11 – 14 (4 Days)
TUESDAY, SEPTEMBER 11
6:30 am Board Coach at St.Laurent Shopping Centre.(Infront of east Side Marios)
7:00am Board Coach at the Queensway Tours Office. (1516 Merivale Rd)
We ask everyone to be at your respective pick up point 15 minutes prior to departure.
Good morning! As we meet our new friends and traveling companions, we will travel east towards the state of Pennsylvania. Arrive at the Holiday Inn East. (717) 939-7841. You will be greeted and have some time to unpack and freshen up before heading to dinner. Dinner tonight is included at Alfred’s Victorian. Enjoy your dinner this evening is this exquisite Victorian Mansion dating back to 1888. Return to our hotel and settle in to our home away from home.
WEDNESDAY, SEPTEMBER 12
8:00 am Full breakfast is included this morning at the hotel. Depart for Kitchen Kettle Village. Our recipe for great Pennsylvania Dutch shopping is simple…start with over 40 local shops in one outdoor shopping village, filled with homemade Lancaster County food, fresh baked goods and tasty canned goods. Lunch will be on your own here. Next enjoy the ground breaking show “Jonah” at the famous Sight and Sound Theatre. Get ready for Sight and Sound’s most extreme fun filled adventure yet. From the moment you walk into the theatre and experience the incredible sets, costumes, lighting, seamless transitions, immersive scenes, and special effects, you’ll be on the edge of your seat, and in the heart of the action. After the show you will be able to sit back and relax as your guide will take you on a Lancaster Countryside Tour. You will end the day with a pretzel making demonstration and an authentic Amish Feast. Return to the hotel after dinner.
THURSDAY, SEPTEMBER 13
Once again, a full breakfast is included this morning at the hotel. Start your day of at the Gettysburg Visitor Center. The museum at the Gettysburg National Military Park Museum and Visitor Center has been designed to give visitors an understanding of the scope and magnitude of the sacrifices made at Gettysburg. You will also see the Cyclorama and film at the center. To make the Gettysburg experience perfect you will be greeted by a central figure in the Battle of Gettysburg for a presentation. After the presentation you will be taken on a Battlefield tour which is both beautiful and historical. Before heading to our dinner show enjoy some free time at the Gettysburg Outlets for some shopping. Enjoy dinner at the Allenberry Resort and Show “Chicago”. Return to the hotel after the show.
FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 14
Enjoy a full breakfast this morning at the hotel before we check out and head to the famous Hershey Chocolate World. You will be able to stock up on your favorite Hershey’s Chocolates here. Also enjoy the animated ride to take you through the history of Hershey Chocolate. Depart for return home with great memories of the Heart of PA. We hope you will return again soon! After a wonderful fall tour, we will begin our travel home and expect an early evening arrival home.
Included in your Queensway McCoy Tour package to the Heart of Pennsylvania & Amish Country
-Deluxe Motor Coach transportation
- 3 Nights Accommodations at the Holiday Inn, Harrisburg
- Gettysburg Battlefield Tour & Fields of Freedom
- Lancaster Countyside Tour with a local guide
- “Jonah” at the Sight & Sound Theatre
- “Chicago” – at the Allenberry Playhouse
- Visit to the American Civil War Museum
- Visit to the Cyclorama
- 3 Dinners: Alfred’s Victorian Mansion, Allenberry dinner theatre & an authentic Amish Feast
- 3 Buffet Breakfasts
- Visit to Kitchen Kettle Village
- Pretzel making demonstration
- Visit to the Gettysburg Outlets
- Visit to Hershey Chocolate World
- Services of a Queensway/ McCoy Tour Director.
- Round trip luggage handling (ONE bag per person)
- Meal taxes, meal gratuities and room taxes
- A deposit of $100 is required at the time of booking. Balance is due 60 days prior to departure.
- Refunds are not available within 30 days of travel.
- Regular stops will be made for comfort breaks and meals.
- For the comfort of fellow travelers, kindly refrain from using scented products such as perfume, cologne and other fragrances.
- Tipping for driver and escort is voluntary depending on quality of service
- All travelers must present a valid passport when crossing the border. The passport should be unexpired and good for the duration of the intended trip.
- Baggage service will be provided. You will receive your luggage tags upon check in prior to departure. Please ensure that you adhere to our baggage policies. McCoy / Queensway Tours will pay only the portage charges for ONE large suitcase per person. You are responsible for your carry-on baggage.
*Important: Queensway Tours strongly recommends purchasing Cancellation & Emergency Medical Insurance for multi day, out of country tours. RBC Insurance is available through Queensway Tours.
Tico Reg. # 03211841